Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Salsa!!!!!!!

I'm often very shy when it comes to dancing, so I never thought I would do anything dance-related at Dartmouth, ESPECIALLY not the SALSA!...My Freshman year a few friends and I tried out "Thursday Night Salsa" which is an open salsa lesson night at Collis Student Center. The lessons are taught by Dartmouth students and best of all, they are free! Every Thursday this group shows off their moves and teaches steps to anyone who wants to learn. I was really nervous because I had never done salsa before but people of all skill levels come to TNS. It's a really laid back environment because other students are your "instructors." It's amazing how talented they are and they really do love to teach! I went to a few sessions and had so much fun, and I would love to start getting back into it.

I am nowhere near close to ever being a pro but, it's really fun to take a few friends, try something new, and laugh at yourself a little bit! It's a great way to spend a Thursday night (that is, if Grey's Anatomy isn't on....but that's another "Dartmouth thing" that I'll be sure to discuss later!)

No comments:

Post a Comment