Tuesday, July 28, 2009

B-more!

I was born and raised in Baltimore, MD, so coming to Hanover was a bit of a change for me. I was accustomed to the city life and going to the malls whenever I had free time. Of course you won't find that in Hanover, which turned out to be a good thing for me (no high credit card bills, whaa whoo!). I really wasn't that homesick when I first got here. My parents came up to help me move in, but as soon as orientation started, they went back to Baltimore. I didn't go on a DOC trip, but I already knew some people who were also going to be incoming freshman because we had gone to the same summer program.

Knowing people before hand definitely eased my transition into college and made me less homesick. Occasionally I miss a good home cooked meal, so when my friends and I have time we cook all of our favorite foods : )

No comments:

Post a Comment