Friday, July 17, 2009

Classical Guitar Concert in Barcelona!

During my sophomore winter I traveled to Barcelona, Spain, to spend the term on our Spanish Language Study Abroad (LSA) program. Dartmouth is well known for the breadth and quality of its study abroad programs, and I am among the 50% of Dartmouth students who study abroad at some point before they graduate.


Of the performances I have seen as an undergraduate, my favorite was one I saw during my term in Barcelona. Our professor suggested we attend a concert at the Palau de la Musica Catalana. It's a stunning concert hall with world-famous decorations that exude the passion of the Catalonia region. It's even a World Heritage Site!

A small group of us were able to get tickets to a classical guitar concert in the Palau and it was by far the most moving classical concert I have attended. The combination of the astonishing acoustics of the hall, ornate setting (see the photo), and traditional guitar music really pulled me in. It was definitely a highlight of my term abroad and an experience I hope to repeat at some point.


More information about study abroad at Dartmouth.

More pictures of the Palau!

No comments:

Post a Comment