Monday, July 27, 2009

The Dartmouth Bubble

What I like least about Dartmouth is the fact that sometimes we are surrounded by a bubble. It seems like new information, not about Dartmouth, very slowly finds its way on campus. When I go back home and listen to the radio, songs that I think are brand new, have been out for three months. In order to find out new information, my mom calls me and tells me exactly what is going on in the news that day. Unless you read the New York Times or Wall Street Journal every day, it is very hard to find out what is going on in the world. Because of this, I have made the New York Times website as my home page so that I do not lose sight of the fact that things are constantly happening around the world. During student organizational meetings, we try to make time for discussing new events. It is tough trying to not get caught up in the Dartmouth bubble, however, it is very much possible to not lose sight of all of the things that are happening around you, and not just at Dartmouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment