Friday, July 31, 2009

The 305!! M.I.A. (aka Miami)

I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY but after I finished elementary school my dad and I moved to Miami, FL, where I currently reside. These are 2 huge cities with millions of people, something completely different from Hanover, NH. When I applied to colleges I knew that I did not want to stay in Florida, and was looking for the "college town feel." When I visited Dartmouth, I knew I found what I was looking for.

Yes, Hanover is a small town in a state that many people haven't heard of before, but it's filled with lots of character, activities, and a sense of community that rivals other college towns and cities. It was the tight-knit community at Dartmouth, facilitated by it's location in Hanover, that prevented me from getting homesick. Of course I miss home-cooked meals, the beach, and most of all 80-degree weather almost every day of the year, but the opportunities and experiences at Dartmouth were well worth the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment