Monday, July 27, 2009

Buses and Planes, Buses and Planes

My least favorite thing about Dartmouth is leaving...and coming back for that matter. The thing about being in Hanover is that there isn't a major airport nearby. If you're not from the New England area (which offers many different bus and train routes to other New England destinations) you have to fly out of Manchester, NH or Boston. There are buses from Dartmouth's campus to these airports, but it can get annoying to have to plan your flights around the bus schedules.

The buses are comfortable, though, especially the Dartmouth Coach to Boston. It now has WIFI and there's always a movie and snacks on it. The Coach comes about every two hours each day, so it's pretty convenient. My friends and I have hopped on the Coach to go to Boston for the day or weekend. It's also a pretty and peaceful ride, as you drive through the mountains and pass different rivers. I've gotten the chance to meet a lot of fellow students and professors during the rides.

Still, I just sometimes wish there were more options for transportation to and from Hanover. I propose a Dartmouth airport!

No comments:

Post a Comment