Friday, July 10, 2009

Perform in front of 46,000 people!

So one of the organization of which I am a member is the Dartmouth Cords, an all male a cappella group. I sang in high school and always thought I would continue to do so in college, but joining the Cords has blown away all of my expectations. Around this time last year, we had the opportunity to perform the national anthem at a major league baseball game.


Now, everyone who knows me knows about my Red Sox hat. I always either have it on, or its in my bag. I've even had some professors not even recognize me in class without it. Last year, the group had the chance to sing the national anthem at the Red Sox - Phillies game in Philadelphia on June 17th. Needless to say, I was excited.

The morning of the game, we all piled into our cars and drove down to the Philadelphia region. We stopped by the apartment of an alum of the group to drop off our stuff, then continued on to the park. When we arrived, we were greeted by the staff and ushered into a locker-room just down the hall from the Red Sox. After warming up, we finally hit the field and prepared to sing. The crowd that day was 46,000 and being on the field, next to my favorite team, and singing the anthem with some of my best friends was an experience I'll never forget and one that I never expected when I first arrived at Dartmouth.

1 comment: