Wednesday, July 29, 2009

D.M.V!!!!

I was born and raised in Washington DC, and I now live in Silver Spring,MD. (We call it the DMV: DC, MD, VA). I was used to being in a city and honestly it was one of the reasons that I DIDN'T want go to Dartmouth initially. I quickly realized that I have the rest of my life to be in a city and that Hanover is what a college town is supposed to look like. I like that I don't spend as much money and that there are fewer distractions readily available. But still, I definitely miss home every now and then. My first year I was so caught up in the novelty of college that being away didn't get to me. After the terms away start to add up, you feel it. I now find myself missing my family a lot more...even my sister. I was so happy to chill with my mom this past Sophomore Family weekend. And I can tell that Dartmouth is starting be like a home to me because I showed her all of my favorite "spots," just as if I were showing off my city to out-of-towners.

No comments:

Post a Comment