Monday, July 27, 2009

H.O.U.S.T.O.N

I am from Houston, Texas so my Dartmouth experience has been extremely different from what I experience at home. Since Hanover, NH is very small college town and Houston, TX is a huge city, I did get homesick during my first term at Dartmouth. Everything and everyone was just so different! Also, I didn't have my twin sister to rely on anymore. However, my homesickness didn't last too long because my undergraduate adviser (UGA) held so many floor meetings that I started making friends. Additionally, I joined a couple student organizations and made lots of friends that way. Plus, now that I am so busy with the clubs that I am a part of, I sometimes forget about my homesickness. However, I still get homesick every so often for a good home-cooked meal :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment