Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Managing the Dartmouth Women's Basketball Team

The one thing that I have done at Dartmouth I never thought I would do is to become the manager of Dartmouth’s Women’s Basketball Team.

During the beginning of my freshmen term, I was looking for a job just to keep myself busy and to put some cash in my pocket. So I was searching through Dartmouth’s job database online and saw a position open to be the manager of the women’s basketball team. Since I didn’t have a preference for what job I got, I just went ahead and applied for it. I met with Coach Chris Wielgus and immediately we had a connection and she offered me the position.

I have loved every single second of working with the basketball team. Since I have to attend all the practices and all the games, I often joke with my friends that it is like being a part of the team but not having to do all the hard work. Having to travel during the year can get a little tough with the work load, however the coaches make sure that everyone on the team is finding time to finish their work. The coaches not only care about the students doing well on the court but also off the court.

Being able to travel to many different schools and to see our girls compete against some of the most amazing players in the league is a great privilege and honor. Getting to see all the different college campuses allows me to be grateful of Dartmouth’s beautiful campus. Traveling also allows me to understand that I did make the right choice in picking Dartmouth as my college choice. Watching the girls compete in every single game allows me to see the growth of the team throughout the year. Seeing the team improve over time is always great to watch. I basically get a firsthand experience as to why they should be the Ivy League champions.

And honestly they have deserved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment