Friday, February 26, 2010

Our Alums

I decided on Dartmouth because people had spoken so highly of our alumni, and after being here just one year I couldn't agree more. Our alums are some of the most loyal alumni in the world and are proud and supportive of Dartmouth long after their graduations.

One of the most useful and rewarding resources here is the Vox Alumni Network, a database of alumni who have indicated that they are willing to offer career advice and other valuable help. Any Dartmouth student or graduate can access the database, and it has records of alumni in virtually every state and country in the world.

Last summer I participated on the Beijing FSP. While there, I decided to call some of the alumni listed under "Beijing;" I ended up meeting four alums and got some great advice on how to pursue my academic and career goals. Next term, I am interning at a trading firm in China. How did I get connected to the job opportunity? Through a Dartmouth alum I met in Beijing.

I've found our alumni to be fiercely loyal, extremely outgoing, and highly accomplished--plus, they are always happy to chat about Dartmouth and are remarkably abreast of campus issues. The alumni: easily one of the best aspects of Dartmouth College.

No comments:

Post a Comment