Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Alums!

I have used the Dartmouth Alumni Network primarily in the past for learning about what the alums do now. I'm interested in learning about their career path and how they ended up in a certain field of study compared to what their major was at Dartmouth. This has been really useful in helping me decide my own path. The alums offer a great deal of amazing advice that a lot more underclassmen should really take advantage of.

I have also had the opportunity to job shadow a Dartmouth Alum for a few days to get an idea of what his job was like. He mainly dealt with the policy issues behind Biomedical Research and it was interesting to see the government aspect in an area I want to study more about.

Besides giving great career advice, Dartmouth Alums are the most friendly and enthusiastic people I have ever met. They are always eager to hear about your experiences and what it is like at Dartmouth now. When I went to Thailand, I received multiple invitations to have dinner or lunch with the several alums. It is great being able to share stories and reflect on what Dartmouth means to us. It is a bit scary knowing people will consider me an alum in less than four months!

No comments:

Post a Comment