Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Colorline" Discussion

As a part of black history month, the NAACP is hosting a series of discussions with professors from the African and African American Studies department to commemorate the department's 40th year anniversary. Therefore, I've been busy trying to make sure the event is well planned. Even though it has been fairly time consuming, I am looking forward to this week's discussion because it is featuring one of the many great professors I have had the opportunity to take a class with: Professor Soyica Colbert. She has been my idol since the day I met her in class and being able to participate in a discussion with her this week is going to be one of the highlights of my week! The discussion will center around the idea of the 'colorline' being present in today's culture and intertwined with that the belief of us living in a post-racial community. I am excited to hear the thoughts and ideas that Dartmouth students and Professor Colbert have on the particular subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment