Thursday, February 25, 2010

I'm a senior...

...and as a senior, I now count myself a member of a larger group of my peers: the job-seekers.

Seriously, though, I think that the alumni network is probably one of Dartmouth's greatest assets. Having been able to interact with alumni during my time here, I now know why that is: Dartmouth alumni are insanely passionate about Dartmouth. For whatever reason, Dartmouth seems to graduate people who are so in love with their alma mater, so passionate about their experiences there, that they will literally bend over backwards to help out a fellow member of the Dartmouth community. In my case, I was fortunate enough to connect with an alum who lives in New England, and has practiced environmental law, the area of law that most interests me. All it took was a simple phone call, and this alum provided me with a huge list of Dartmouth and non-Dartmouth contacts through which I am hoping to both gather advice and hopefully a job offer or two. And we have never actually met!

We will see where life takes me after I graduate this June, but I feel confident that no matter where I go, I will be bringing that Dartmouth network with me.

Photo courtesy of the Dartmouth flickr photostream
.

No comments:

Post a Comment