Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Making Money

Every fall and winter since my freshmen year, I have worked with the Women's Varsity Basketball Team as their team manager. Therefore, I attend all their practices and games. It has been a lot of fun getting to travel to different colleges across the nation. For Christmas break, we were able to travel to Los Angeles and for Thanksgiving break, we traveled to play Cincinnati.

Like Charnice and Nichole, I also participated in the Women In Science Program my freshmen winter and spring terms. I worked with the computer science department in their privacy lab. In addition with another intern, I helped publish a poster abstract on Facebook's privacy policies. Essentially, I was paid to sit on Facebook and research ways to make Facebook more private in order to protect people's identities.

My freshmen and sophomore years, I worked in the Fitness Center. There I would sit at the desk and monitor who came into the fitness center, clean up any of the machines that needed to be dusted off and made sure that the patrons were safe and sound. It was a nice job to have because after my shifts I would usually work out. And now since I don't ever need to go to the gym, I've fallen off of actually following my regiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment