Monday, February 15, 2010

Tutor, Researcher, and Much More!

Throughout my years at Dartmouth, I have had a variety of jobs. Math has always been one of my favorite subjects, so I decided to work as a math tutor and study group leader through our Academic Skills Center.

Like Nichole, I was also a WISP intern in the Biomedical Engineering Lab. I worked on two different projects which involved measuring the wear on retrieved knee implants and testing the mechanical properties of various materials. Ever since I did this internship, I have been interested in this field of study. Now as a senior, I am continuing my research and trying to determine if different sterilization methods affect the amount of wear of knee implants.

Along with being an Admissions Intern, I also work as a Dean's Office Student Consultant (DOSC for short). My job is to provide academic advising, so I help students with questions about classes, majors, internships, study strategies, and anything else in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment