Monday, January 18, 2010

Skiing, Cabin Outings, and Fun P.E Classes

As many people already mentioned, winter term is a great time to take advantage of a lot of outdoor activities. During my junior winter, I took beginner's cross-country skiing. I had a lot of fun trekking on the paths that weaved in and out of the woods and across the golf course, while learning how to ski.

Throughout the year, students take advantage of renting Dartmouth owned cabins. These cabins come equipped with everything you would need for the ultimate overnight event. An overnight stay in a cabin is a great way to get away from campus for a little bit while bonding with friends.

At Dartmouth, I've also taken advantage of fun physical education classes. I like to dance so I always look for P.E classes that allow me to explore movement while getting a work-out. This term I am taking a zumba class. "Zumba is an aerobic fitness program...based on salsa, merengue, cumbia, reggaeton and other music." (wikipedia)Zumba has become a really popular work out routine and I was excited when I found out that Dartmouth offered it as a class

No comments:

Post a Comment