Monday, January 18, 2010

P.E. Classes and Cabins

I am not much of an outdoors person, but participating in the Dartmouth Outing Club (DOC) freshman trips as a freshman and then twice again as a leader have been some of my best experiences at Dartmouth. The campus is also in a great location for day hikes. In addition to the DOC Trips, the DOC also takes care of Dartmouth's 26,000+ acres of land. Throughout this land, there are a number of cabins that student members can rent at any time for just 5 dollars a night. My acapella group, the Dodecaphonics, and my co-educational greek house, The Tabard, rent cabins yearly and termly, respectively.

P.E. classes are also a blast as others have stated. There are unique classes like ice fishing and skeet shooting but also your more conventional sports like tennis and skiing/snowboarding. I took a snowboarding P.E. class freshman year, since I don't have much of a chance to "hit the slopes" in the Midwest. This term, I am taking a tumbling class because I have ALWAYS wanted to learn how to do a flip! Its really hard, but very rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment