Thursday, January 21, 2010

My favorite place to eat...

... has to be Home Plate (HP for short). HP is located in the Thayer Dining Hall, which houses the majority of our dining locations. The focus of HP is on freshness and nutrition. I like to equate it to more of a home-cooked meal atmosphere and menu. They are typically low fat, cholesterol, sodium and high fiber. On top of it all, they have a great selection - an awesome the salad/soup bar, to an excellent deli and panini counter and a great grill offering everything from grilled Portobello mushroom sandwiches to buffalo burgers!

My favorite meal at Home Plate has to be my usual lunch; turkey-cheddar-lettuce-mayo on a baguette from the deli. I've probably had it twice a week for the last year or so.

One of my favorite things about Dartmouth has to be the food. And you can try it when you visit! All of the dining facilities accept cash, so make sure you wander over to Home Plate when you come visit us in Hanover.

Picture credit: http://thedartmouth.com/content/2009/05/06/photos/3556_dailyd.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment