Monday, January 25, 2010

RANDOM CAMPUS EVENT!


Unrelated to our Question of the Week series, here is a Random Event from around campus to give you a better idea for what an average weekend, weekday etc could look like here at Dartmouth.

This past weekend, I was able to volunteer for the Special Olympics Winter Games for our region, held at our very own Dartmouth skiway. This was my second year volunteering, and it gets better and better every year. This Saturday we had perfect weather and a crowd of athletes ready to compete. They could compete in a number of events from varying distances of snowshoe races to slalom and giant slalom downhill skiing. This year, I worked as one of a team of timers for the downhill races. Like I said, it was a ton of fun, and Dartmouth students turned out in huge numbers to act as cheerleaders, guides, and coaches. One of my favorite parts has to be that the Games are held at the Skiway, Dartmouth's own ski mountain, and the place I learned to ski as a youngster.

All in all, a great way to spend a beautiful Saturday in January.

Click here for more information about the Special Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment