Saturday, October 10, 2009

Orozco Room in Baker Library

The Orozco Room in Baker Library is simply incredible. Its beauty comes from The Epic of American Civilization, an impressive mural painted by renowned Mexican artist José Clemente Orozco. The mural covers about three thousand square feet and offers a fascinating narrative about the development of our beautiful country through trial and triumph. Every time I study in the Orozco Room, I’m reminded of all the people who struggled so that I would have the opportunities I’ve been given today, and that motivates me to work really hard because I feel grateful. It’s also very convenient because it’s on the lower level of Baker Library and so there is very little traffic, which makes it an ideal place to read books and write papers. Plus, the Reserve Room is located on this floor, so anytime I need a book for class that a professor has made available through the library, I can just pick it right up.

(Picture courtesy of http://www.flickr.com/photos/dartmouthflickr/3846230512/)

No comments:

Post a Comment