Thursday, October 22, 2009

Dartmouth Alumni!

In my opinion, Dartmouth's alumni are hands down her greatest asset. They do so much to provide opportunities and guidance to current and former students, and there are way more of them then there are current students. Moreover, they are crazy about Dartmouth. I have been hugged by complete strangers in foreign countries simply because we share the Dartmouth Experience. For all of these reasons, the returning alumni are my favorite part of Homecoming. You can see them flooding the Green and common student spaces, eyes practically filling with tears as they remember their time here on the Hill.

I still remember my second Homecoming, sophomore year, I ran into a couple with their young son standing outside of my dorm. I asked if they needed directions, and it turned out that the father had been a student here and had actually lived in my dorm. When I asked which room, you can imagine my surprise to find out that he had lived in my room 16 years earlier. I ended up opening my room up to the family and the father spent a good 20 minutes telling us about how he had arranged the furniture, and the time when his roommate had gotten lost and climbed in through the window. Needless to say, Dartmouth alums certainly bring a lot of colorful stories back to campus every fall!

Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/molumus/3405440341/in/photostream/

To learn more about Dartmouth Alumni click here:

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ben! You may not remember, but I was in one of the student forums with you and Fabeah. Just wanted to tell you- Dartmouth is my first choice because of my visit; I'm applying early decision (the alumni who got me interested in Dartmouth literally did a dance when I told her that)! I loved everything about my visit-the overnight, the classes, the campus, and especially the people. Thanks for helping out the prospies!

    ReplyDelete