Sunday, October 4, 2009

Foliage and Freshmen

Alright, I know it makes me sound like a member of the older generation, but Hanover is gorgeous in fall. The trees are just about at peak for colors and the "leaf-peepers" (bus loads of tourists to New England just to witness the Fall foliage) are everywhere. On almost a daily basis, I can see crowds of people, armed with digital cameras and pack lunches, all milling about the Green. Its a gorgeous, festive season to experience.

On top of the trees and tourists, I am looking forward to continuing to meet the new first-year students ('13s) via my different activities. The newest members of our a cappella group are amazingly talented and the freshmen always seem to bring a new enthusiasm to clubs, meetings, classes, the gym; everywhere.

So that's what I am looking forward to. The continued bursting of the fall foliage here in New England and the enthusiasm that new students always seem to bring with them.

Picture credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/20724871@N00/269846140/

No comments:

Post a Comment