Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Faculty-Student mixers

Here at Dartmouth there are lots of opportunities to get to know professors outside of the classroom. Many organizations hold faculty-student mixer events each term. One of my favorite spring term events is the annual block party that an organization called Africaso hosts. At this event there is always tons of good food, student performances and great discussion. Last year, at the event, I had the opportunity to reconnect with some of my former professors. We talked about current vs. old school music and my college life in general while eating barbeque and hanging out outside. It was an all around good time and it was a lot of fun to having the opportunity to talk with my professor in a non-academic environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment