Thursday, August 13, 2009

We Bleed Green!


My most memorable experience with Dartmouth alums was cheering for our Girls' Varsity Basketball Team this year when they went to the NCAA Playoffs. Our girls made it to the first round of the NCAA tournament which means they played the number 1 seed University of MD, College Park's, Lady Terps. I grew up watching MD girls but I knew I had to cheer on my Dartmouth girls. I came to the game in Big Green apparel and was scared for my life in a sea of Terps fans. I expected to be the ONLY Dartmouth fan at the game...but as I walked into the arena, I heard a group of people yelling "YEAAAAAAA DARTMOUTH!!!." There was an entire cheering section of Dartmouth alums and their families. We all sat together and had an amazing time cheering on our girls and talking trash! Granted we suffered a huge loss, but it was so great to be surrounded by so many people of all ages who didn't care that we were the underdog. Afterwards, there was a reception for mixing and mingling. That night I realized more than ever that nothing can overcome the pride that Dartmouth alums have in our school. We really do BLEED GREEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment