Tuesday, August 25, 2009

SAT/ACT Scores!!

When I was applying to colleges, I was so nervous that my SAT scores were not high enough to be admitted to top notch schools. My grades were good, I was involved in a ton of different things, but my SATs did not show my hard work and dedication to academics. Fortunately, Dartmouth takes a holistic approach to the application process and SAT scores are not the end of the admissions decision. When an Admissions Officer reads an application they look at the whole package: your extracurricular activities, the class you take, how you contributed to your community, and if you've challenged yourself throughout high school.

So, if you don't have perfect SAT/ACT scores (or anywhere near what you think is a "good" score) don't worry. Make sure to present yourself the best you can throughout the rest of your application; in your essay, your recommendations, your resume, etc. Do the best you can, and everything will work out in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment