Monday, August 17, 2009

Aumni Connections!

Dartmouth has very strong connections with its alumni, and does a wonderful job connecting current students with alumni and making sure those relationships exist even after 4 years in Hanover. I have so many wonderful memories with alums, and some have become good friends.

I was a member of the Hill Winds Society, a student organization dedicated to establishing connections between students and alumni and organizing programs on campus to build these relationships. We met with alumni during major weekends like Homecoming and Winter Carnival and class reunions. One of my fondest memories was this past year right before the Homecoming Bonfire we organized an event with some hot cocoa and facepainting and brought together Dartmouth students and local alumni for a good time before seeing the freshmen run around the fire. It was awesome to see so many people connect and relive their Dartmouth experiences and cheer on the freshmen as they were frying next tot he Bonfire!

I've very fortunate to have met so many wonderful alums who offered job advice, life advice, and just good laughs. I can't believe finally joined their ranks! I know for fact that as an alum I will continue to be supportive of Dartmouth, and give back in the small ways that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment