Tuesday, August 4, 2009

SIX FLAGS!!!

Unrelated to the question of the week

In student forums and on tours I get the question, "What do you do on weekends?" a lot! So, I just wanted to share what I did this weekend.

A group of my friends and I went to SIX FLAGS for $10. Yup, you got that right, $10 for the bus trip and the ticket into Six Flags.

How?!

Student organizations are a beautiful thing :-). One student organization, Programming Board, is in charge of basically keeping the student body happy. Not really, but they do a good job at that also. Programming Board has this huge budget dedicated towards funding concerts like Three 6 Mafia who came last spring, or funding events like taking 96 students to Six Flags, for very low costs to the students (tickets are generally between $5 - $10). And note I said student organization. That means, as a student, even as a freshman, you can be in charge of organizing these events.

So, basically, I am in love with Programming Board, if you couldn't tell, because they make the term just that much fun with all the special events they have each term.

P.S. In case you want to know more of the nitty-gritty details about Programming Board, they have their own website: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~sao/prgboard/

1 comment:

  1. Six Flags parks are most adventurous... I too love to visit at six flags...

    ReplyDelete