Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Essays!!

When I was applying to college, I was really nervous about the personal essay. My counselors always told me that the essays were a big part of any college application because I had complete control over it. I could decide how and what I wanted to write. As a result, I wrote tons of drafts trying to figure out what was the best way that I could portray myself.

I remember writing drafts ranging from a day at my high school to my family interactions. Because I wrote so many different essays, I ultimately don't remember what I actually submitted to schools.

But the best advice that I can give is just to be yourself and let who you are as a person come across to anybody who would read your essay.

Click here to read tips that a columnist has about writing college essays.

No comments:

Post a Comment