Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Why Dartmouth?


I applied to over fourteen schools and got accepted to quite a few, but Dartmouth stood out to me because of the location, the student-faculty connection, my financial aid package and the people. It may sound strange, but I was attracted to the quiet town of Hanover because it is absolutely gorgeous here! In the fall, the leaves are golden brown, in the winter, the snow is crystal white, and in the spring the green is like paradise on earth. Besides, I'm originally from a big city so the calm and comfort of a small college town was something I was really looking forward to.

According to US News & World Report, Dartmouth is the #1 institution for undergraduate instruction in the country. Indeed, Dartmouth professors are leaders in their respective fields and they come to Dartmouth because they really want to teach, advise and mentor students. So many other schools flaunt renowned faculty members but students barely have access to them. At Dartmouth, students can really connect with their professors...I've taken hip hop dance classes, cooked dinner, and gone star gazing with some of mine!

Another reason why I choose Dartmouth is because they really made an effort to accommodate my ability to pay for college. Quite frankly they gave me the best financial aid package by A LOT so when it came down to it, the choice was fairly obvious. Finally, the people at Dartmouth are simply amazing. When I visited junior year, I met so many incredible people, including Admissions and Financial Aid officers who showed a genuine interest in me. Just walking around campus made me feel like I belonged here.


Photo courtesy of http://www.flickr.com/photos/millzes/2962659528/in/photostream/

No comments:

Post a Comment