Sunday, April 11, 2010

Find/try to find your passion(s) and go after it (them)!


While this is a very cliche statement, I think that it is especially true at a place like Dartmouth which has so many opportunities. I think I spent too much of my time at Dartmouth doing things I thought I "should" be doing instead of things I really wanted to be doing. By "should" I mean things that I did in high school or that I already felt comfortable doing. My junior year, I was in my first theater production--something I have always wanted to do. The theater department at Dartmouth is full of an incredible staff of directors and production workers. The students that were in the production with me (and the production I did the following term) were some of the nicest and most talented individuals that I have ever met. Theater was not a "passion" of mine per se, but it showed me how many more things there were to do at Dartmouth that I had never considered before. I suggest that incoming students (CONGRATS 2014s!) do their best to explore new opportunities at Dartmouth. There are so many activities, off campus opportunities, internships, service trips, sports, music ensembles, performances, trails, etc. to explore! Go for it!

Image Courtesy of http://www.artevo.com/mmPPA/Images/012963_actual.jpg from "Oh, The Places You Can Go" by Dr. Seuss '25

No comments:

Post a Comment