Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Exhaust all the Opportunities

If I could go back in time to the day I received my acceptance to Dartmouth, I would tell myself to take advantage of more things. Even when I came up for Dimensions, I was a little reluctant to go to some activities because everything was so new to me. Being a high school student surrounded by all these college students really intimidated me at first, so I spent most of my time hanging out with the other prospies (perspective students) instead of really asking Dartmouth students what college life was like. Being here for Dimensions is the perfect time to really experience college life and I would encourage all the prospies that come to explore the campus and ask lots of questions.

Looking back at my last four years, I really wish that I jumped right into college life and participated in more extracurricular activities that sounded interesting. Unfortunately for me there are some things I wish I could have taken advantage of, so my advice to the Class of 2014 is utilize the resources that are available to you and do what interests you!

1 comment:

  1. I often hear that advise: Ask Questions. What would be the sort of questions you would ask that would provide a basis for decison-making? What kinds of conditions, experiences and people make or break a good college experience in your opinion?

    ReplyDelete