Tuesday, April 13, 2010

PLAN AHEAD! (but only a little)

I came into Dartmouth thinking I wanted to be a Government Major and an Environmental Studies Minor. I will be graduating this June with a Government Major and an Environmental Studies Minor. That said, the road to where I am now was far from predetermined. There was a lot of second-guessing of my passions along the way (something I think any good college education should make you do). If I could go back to my acceptance day, I would tell my younger self to go with their gut, pursue their passions, and plan ahead, but only a little. Have an idea about where you are going and why. Make sure you plan ahead to be able to study abroad as many times as you want. (One of my major regrets is only studying abroad once.) Know where you are, where you want to go, and take the steps, however small, to get there. That being said, never close yourself off from new experiences. Continually assess yourself and your motivations because they will evolve. Keeping your plans in line with that personal evolution is the key to happiness I think.

As always, feel free to post and questions or comments below.

Picture source here.

DON'T FORGET to check out the Admissions Flickr photo stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment