Monday, November 2, 2009

Marian Wright Edelman


Similar to Charnice's experience, I had the opportunity to hear Marian Wright Edelman speak as the keynote speaker during the week long celebration for Martin Luther King Jr. It was amazing for me in particular because I am very passionate about the education system in America. Having her come and speak her mind about the subject matter made me decide to become a education minor. Even though I am no longer able to fit the entire education minor into my schedule, I have still take education classes and participate in activities that involve middle school children.

Additionally, she was a very lively speaker for her age! She engaged with the audience in a way I haven't seen before. It was simply an amazing experience.

(Picture credit: http://www.californiawomen.org/assets/Uploads/Marian-Wright-Edelman-pf.jpg )

No comments:

Post a Comment