Wednesday, November 18, 2009

SHEBA (Strictly Hip-Hop Expressions Beats and Art)

SHEBA Dance Troupe is definitely my favorite campus activity! I'm one of the Directors this year and I absolutely love it!! I had never taken a dance class before coming to Dartmouth but now it's one of my greatest passions. I love learning new hip-hop routines, performing, and choreographing. I never really thought of myself as a creative person; however, dancing has allowed me to express a wide range of emotions and I really appreciate having that outlet. What's great about SHEBA is that it's completely student-run: we schedule our own shows, make our own mixes and create our own dances. We perform at a variety of venues, including school-sponsored events, sporting events, off-campus events at other Ivies, charity shows, and Greek houses. Here is a clip from one of our most recent off-campus shows:

I hope you enjoy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment