Tuesday, November 17, 2009

National Partnership for Women and Families

During my sophomore spring, I worked at a non-profit organization called the National Partnership for Women and Families in Washington, DC. I was their communications intern so I had to update their website regularly, update the mailing lists, proofread press releases and organize a project for Mother's Day. My supervisor tried to get me out of the office as much as possible, so I also went to the National Public Radio to watch an interview of one of the health policy advisers. Additionally, I was able to attend a press conference surrounding the Paid Sick Days campaign on capitol hill. I had so much fun during my time there that I honestly am now considering working at a non-profit organization after graduating from Dartmouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment