Friday, March 12, 2010

Tumbling!

The highlight of my winter term was my tumbling gym class. I have always wanted to learn how to do flips and this gym class, offered only in the winter, was the perfect opportunity to learn to do so. The class is taught by the coach of the Dartmouth Gymnastics team, which no longer exists. While I was one of the only people that took the class that had no previous experience, by the end of the term I was able to do a front handspring, walk on my hands, one-handed cartwheels, and do forward and back extension rolls. It was so much fun getting credit for rolling around in the middle of the day!

Dartmouth undergrads have a gym requirement. Students must take 3 gym classes to graduate. These classes are mostly seasonal, but include average sports like tennis to things like ice fishing, meditations, and skeet shooting. There is something for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment