Saturday, March 13, 2010

H*O*C*K*E*Y G*A*M*E


I'm ashamed to say that this term is the first time I've gone to a hockey game. What a big mistake! The game was absolutely SENSATIONAL. It was the Men's last home game and the seniors' last chance to skate for Dartmouth so they definitely came through and represented the Big Green. We came from behind to beat Cornell 5-4 in one of the most epic battles ever. Every time a hockey player got too close to the boards, I saw another player appear out of nowhere and basically make him eat glass...it was great! During the first two quarters, the Cornell goalie seemed invincible, almost like a brick wall that no one could break. However, the Dartmouth team pulled through with incredible skating, passing and scoring. My favorite part was feeling the energy and excitement in the stadium when we scored our last goal with a minute to go on the clock. For a breathtaking 60 seconds, we played some of the best defense I've ever seen. I also enjoyed eating hot dogs and cotton candy from the concession stand all evening - so wonderful.

Picture credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21827442@N07/4102365770/

No comments:

Post a Comment