Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Getting the Internship of my Dreams

So I know its a little early to start thinking about summer, but I already am because I was able to accept an offer of a lifetime. Through Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO), I am able to work with Teach for America (TFA) this summer which was the highlight of my winter term. Even though I will not be in the classroom, I will have the opportunity to see how TFA operates behind the scenes. I honestly believe that the combination of being able to take Education classes and participating in volunteer opportunities that work with middle school students allowed me to receive the internship. I was able to show SEO that I truly wanted to make a difference in and outside of the classroom.

Dartmouth offers a lot of opportunities to those who care about education. From its teacher certification program, to its work with bringing middle school students from inner city schools to Dartmouth for the summer, to its program for high school students in the local area to help prepare them to take their SATs, to its classes that focus on education policy. If you have the slightest inkling that you would like to do something in education, Dartmouth definitely has the opportunities for you to get hands on training.

To find out more about SEO, please visit this website: http://www.seo-usa.org/Home
To find out more about TFA, please visit this website: http://www.teachforamerica.org/
To find out more about a few of the volunteer opportunities geared towards education that Dartmouth has to offer, please visit this website: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~tucker/dcs/school/

No comments:

Post a Comment