Thursday, December 10, 2009

Top 3 reasons...


...for applying to Dartmouth are:

1. THE PEOPLE
The people at Dartmouth are amazing. I've met so many great people who have become some of my best friends. There have been many times when a 45 minute dinner has turned into a 2hr+ dinner because of the great conversations that were going on. Also, there is not a competitive atmosphere. Students are willing to help each other out with homework and study together for exams. I've experienced a lot of this collaborative nature in my math and science classes which not only helped me understand the material better but also allowed me to meet wonderful new people.

2. THE CAMPUS
I absolutely love the scenery. From the foliage to the snow, the campus is beautiful no matter what season it is. I am from the city, so living in a rural area made me a bit nervous at first. After I arrived, I knew that this would be a perfect break from the city life. I do not have that many distractions such as malls (I love to shop lol), so I can really focus on getting my work done. Plus, being in a rural area allows for Dartmouth students to be apart of a tight knit community.

3. THE PROFESSORS
Almost all of the classes are taught by professors which is really great because you have the chance to ask them questions not only about class material but about their own research. I've had the opportunity to work with one of my engineering professors in his biomedical engineering lab helping research different aspects of knee replacements. Next term, I will be working in the same lab to do more research as my own independent study project.

No comments:

Post a Comment