Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Favorite Dartmouth Professor

This is a tough question because I have had so many wonderful professors, but if I had to pick one, it would have to be my Italian 1 and 2 teacher, Anna Minardi. I had never taken Italian before, so I wanted to try something new. Anna (yeah, she lets you call her by her first name) was really passionate about teaching Italian and making sure that none of her students fell behind. She gave everyone the opportunity to speak during class, so that we could practice our oral skills. Anna furthered enriched the class by showing movies and playing music that would help our listening skills, but really what student wouldn't want to sit in class and sing music with their prof???

Anna was such a down to earth person. Whenever we had a test or quiz, she would give us cookies! She would come to our Italian lunch table whenever possible just to chat with us and to get to know us better. We also had Italian movie nights and she would come to the student lounge areas and watch the movie with us.

After taking these Italian classes with Anna, I was super excited to go to Rome on a Language Study Abroad program. When I received a letter from my future host mom, Anna helped me with any translations that I didn't understand. I truly have a new appreciation for the Italian language and culture because of Anna.

No comments:

Post a Comment