Thursday, September 17, 2009

Orientation!

President Kim fist bumps a fellow '13 (to avoid possibly spreading H1N1)Hey prospies! My name is Steve Tebbe and I’m a ’13. I thought that it would be helpful to hear the thoughts of somebody who just went through the process that you’re about to go through.

Well, this is only my third day on campus, but so much has happened. After I got back from my DOC trip (which I must add was pretty awesome), I’m all moved in and now meeting the rest of my floor. Today, my class and I matriculated and officially became members of the Dartmouth community.

It was pretty interesting the way some things were run. For instance, due to the recent outbreak of H1N1 across the country, spreading germs was a concern with all thousand plus members of the 2013 class. So rather than doing the traditional handshake when receiving our class pin, we did a fist bump. It was actually rather fun doing a fist bump with a member of the Class of 1963, the class that supports the '13s.

I will be posting more as the start of my freshman year unfolds. Just let me know if you have any questions.


(Photo by Joseph Mehling '69)

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Its good that you're having fun. I was just wondering what DOC is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DOC stands for Dartmouth Outing Club and it's a great organization that takes students on outdoor trips like hiking, kayaking, and even nature photography. The DOC is an awesome way to have fun and explore nature.

    ReplyDelete